Sweet and Savory Polka Dot Shroom Bars
Food has always been a source of pleasure for most of us. We tend to experiment with different ingredients, create new recipes, and explore endless food possibilities. Today, I am excited to share a recipe that I stumbled upon a few weeks ago – Polka dot shroom bars. These delicate bars are a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors, with a burst of texture in every bite. To start making these Polka Dot Shroom Bars, you will need the following ingredients: 2/3 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and a pinch of salt. You’ll also need some mushrooms in your favorite variety (I love to use shiitake mushrooms for this recipe).
To begin, preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Then, in a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined.
Next, prepare your mushrooms by slicing them thin. Gently fold the mushrooms into the batter and pour it into your greased pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Just imagine a rich vanilla base, topped with creamy mushroom custard, and garnished with candied mushrooms. Sounds delicious, right?
In this blog post, we will be discussing the recipe for Sweet and Savory Polka Dot Shroom Bars in detail. From the required ingredients to step-by-step instructions, we will cover everything you need to know to create this magical dessert. Without further ado, let’s get cooking!
– 1 3/4 cups flour
– 2/3 cup unsalted butter
– 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
– 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
– 2 cups button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
– 1 tablespoon of butter
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 2 large eggs
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Candied mushrooms, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt.
3. Add butter and vanilla extract and mix until you get the dough.
4. Pat the dough into the bottom of a 9×13″ pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, cook mushrooms in butter over medium heat until they release their liquid and are lightly browned.
6. In a mixing bowl, whisk together heavy cream, eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add mushrooms and mix until smooth.
7. Pour the mushroom custard over the baked crust.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the center is set.
9. Cool completely before cutting.
10. Garnish with candied mushrooms.
To make candied mushrooms, chop dried mushrooms into small pieces. Heat sugar and water in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. Add mushrooms and boil until the liquid is absorbed. Spread the mushrooms on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let them cool down before using.
In conclusion, Sweet and Savory Polka Dot Shroom Bars are a unique dessert that combines flavors in a way that will surprise your taste buds pleasantly. The recipe is easy to follow, but the results are impressive, making this the perfect dessert to share with friends or family. So, why not unleash your inner gastronomy artist and try this recipe out? Who knows, you might just discover a new favorite!