Using A Tailor’s Measuring Tape To Make A DIY Ring Size Chart
Buying jewelry and accessories means going out to a store and trying different samples. After all, there are a never-ending plethora of options. However, the comfort and convenience of online shopping is an undeniable temptation. But when it comes to rings, we never really know which size will fit our fingers perfectly.
Thankfully, you can use a tailor’s tape as your DIY ring size chart to avoid the hassle. Read this article to achieve this effortlessly.
Ring size charts- a need or want?
An ill-fitted ring comes with the disadvantage of slipping away without our knowledge. Therefore, a ring should hug your finger tightly enough to avoid slipping but still adjustable to move up and down when applied resistance. After all, it is not something that you can buy every other month.
But how can the admirers of online shopping achieve such perfection? It is only possible by using ring size charts. They are probably the second-best alternative to using a ring of your actual size for reference. Although it is available in many offline stores, one can also get their hands on them through websites. But if you do not wish to spend money on them, you can also DIY a size chart at home with a few easy steps. For instance, using a tailor’s tape is also a great idea. It will give you a precise idea of your actual ring size.
Getting into the action
- The first thing you need to do is find a tailor’s measuring tape. If you do not have one, you can also use a strip of paper. It will act as your ring size chart.
- Next, wrap the tape or paper around the finger’s base where you would usually like to wear the ring.
- Do not forget to mark the tape or the paper with a marker.
- Next, count the millimeters from the beginning to the end of your circle to determine your actual ring size.
- If you face any difficulty, start wrapping the tape after the first 10-inches. It helps to leave enough space for precise measuring.
It cannot get any easier than this. So the next time you stumble upon a design that speaks to your heart, getting your hands on the right size becomes a child’s play.
Apart from using a tailor’s measuring tape, you can also use a string or floss. But since they stretch easily, they are not as convenient as the tailor’s tape method. Moreover, you also require a ruler to measure that only complicates the situation.
Apart from this, you can also find printable ring-size charts on the internet. All you have to do is get their printout, wrap it around your finger, mark, and read the measurement. Since they are easy to use, even a beginner can figure out his ring size at home within a few seconds. If not, the tailor’s measuring tape method is always a reliable option.